Sunday, March 5, 2017

Hand in Hand

Time to make some anniversary cards for the year.  I thought the MFT sketch this week would be a good one to use but I'm not so sure I like the results of my card.  I am going to make 6 of these for my childrens' anniversaries but the next one isn't until July so maybe I won't use this design afterall.  My sons like receiving my cards as much as my daughters so I don't want to be too "girly" or frilly.  Help me out - what do you think?

The background embossing is a Cuttlebug folder.  The frame is made with two dies from the Die-namic Stitched Rectangle set.  I chose the stitched ribbon because of the stitches in the frame (which you can't see in the photo).  Orange embellie is a melted Perler bead.  Image and sentiment are Doodle Pantry.
Sketch:



Challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas - ribbons or bows
Cardz TV - anything
Time Out - love or friendship
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Daily Marker - color

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, perfect for our theme! The image is so very suitable for anniversary too. The retro look of the colors really please my eye. Thanks for joining our birthday party at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty card!! Love the pretty image and the embossing!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great anniversary card! I love how the dp and the embossing go together so well and it's perfect for guys as well as girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That simple image of a couple hand in hand is perfect for an anniversary card, Marsha ... it's about togetherness in it's widest sense ... such a meaningful message! Thanks so much for joining us for our 3rd birthday party at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic coloring. Perfect anniversary card! Thank you for participating in the 7th - 30 day coloring challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete